Sunday, July 7, 2013

Essence 3D Eyeshadows

I had read so many rave reviews about these, so I purchased a couple to try them.  They are all called "irresistible" something.  The first ones I bought were irresistible chocolates and irresistible vanilla latte.




The swatches looked good, and they felt really smooth and buttery, pigmented densely at first.... but they all faded almost immediately on me- even with a primer.  Vanilla latte barely showed up, so I tried it damp, still not good.  Then barely an hour in and you could just see a little bit of glitter, none of the colour.  

Irresistible Chocolates was a little better, but I still wasn't impressed.  It didn't even last a few hours.  

I didn't want to give up, so I went back and bought a few more shades.  Why a few more??? I don't know, but the testers swatched well so I wanted to go with a few that were different.  They had a bright blue and sea green that I passed on.  

The next time I got Irresistible Caramel Cream, Purr-ple, and First Love.  



CARAMEL CREAM 

PURR-PLE

FIRST LOVE 

They were ok, and definitely better than the Essence regular eyeshadows by far, but there are so many better eyeshadows out there.  But then there are worse, so thats kind of where I stand with these- in the middle. I actually did love Purr-ple, for some reason I didn't have any problem with that one at all. But still, I don't think these last very long compared to other eyeshadows I've used, and I had a hard time getting some of the shades I tried to show up well.  I am just stating my experience, cause it looks like "everyone else" thinks these are great. I don't think I'd buy these again, but if you don't have shades like these, I'd recommend Purr-ple, it is such a rich, beautiful shade and for me it is an inexpensive way to try new colours that you might not wear very often.  

No comments:

Post a Comment