Monday, March 11, 2013

Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow #10

I've been wantingto get this for a while, but it's been always out of stock. I knew that it was a bit expensive, but I had a feeling it was going to work for me.  And has anybody outside of North America seen MAC's brow gelcremes?  That's what I wanted, but have yet to see.... and now that I have this (and its a permanent product), I'm not so sure I even want to try MAC's- if I ever see it, that is.  That one is 3g of product, and this one is 7g and I'm sure they'll work out to be around the same price anyway, knowing how they mark things up to the sky.

So meet my new best friend....




I have to do my brows everyday, even when I'm sick.  I just don't look right until I do.  But most brow products are too dark for me, although sometimes even when I find "blonde", I have a hard time getting it to show up, it must be meant for really light blondes.  So I just go with the darker shade, and you can't even tell by looking, but I know that it's darker than my natural brows.  But since my brown hair grew out and I'm back to blonde, I just couldn't handle brown brows anymore- I had to find something, and fast.  

Not only does this shade match, but it is absolutely budge-proof.  Normally I'd be touching up my brows throughout the day, more than a couple of times, but not with this.  Once it's dry, it's on all day and into the night.  I've never had it wear off on me at all.  It doesn't look drawn on or flaky, it just really looks like my natural brows "grown in" (which they never did so I pretty much gave up), and it's a really nice and noticeable difference.

Swatch:



Before

After 

With Aqua Brow, just a different day :) 

I find it extremely easy to apply, although I do think I need a little more than a teeny squeeze.  You can blend it out while it's wet, no problem, but just don't wait until it dries.  I don't find I need to top this with any powder, but you could also do that.  I could also do a different shape but I just did what's easy for my by following where my brows should be.  For me this is an absolute HG product that I would highly recommend- they have six shades available.  This #10 is the lightest, and I think it suits me perfectly. 


6 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a concealer, haha, so I wasn't expecting it to turn out that colour in a swatch. But it makes your eyebrows look much more polished, although I prefer more of a dramatic effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this myself lovely review visit me http://thepocketsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you a redhead? would this suit a very pale skinned redhead do you think? I really want to try this but the colour looks a bit ashy in the tube and im reluctant to try the slightly darker shade in fear of being to dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this one is totally ashy, and the next one up is too dark for me as well. I'm not redhead but strawberry blonde, but this one has totally ash undertones. The #15 is a slight bit more reddish but it makes my brows look more severe as well.

      Delete
  4. ...for reference I currently use the shadows in the urban decay naked 1 palette (naked and buck) to fill in my brows, is this a similar colour to either of those?

    ReplyDelete