Friday, February 8, 2013

Essence I Heart Stage Eyeshadow Base

I really thought this was a concealer when I bought it, I even asked the employee if it came in another colour.... but I'm glad it isn't!


Standard applicator: 


One swipe: 


But blends invisibly: 


This is actually a really nice primer.  It's thick and does a great job smoothing my lid prior to eyeshadow.  I've been experimenting with shadows lately because I use primer more out of habit than anything else, but I really feel it helps shadows adhere and stay on longer.  

I used this with regular eyeshadows and liked it.  I didn't get any creasing at all.  But to really put it to the test I tried it with some that I know have a lot of fall out and tend to migrate off as the day wears on.  This is how it looked at the end of 12 hours: 


Now, I think that's pretty good, specially considering this is a really inexpensive product.  It isn't tacky or sticky, but I really love the smooth thickness of it.  I would definitely repurchase. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this too, when I opened it I thought I'd only use it now & then but I used it in place of TFSI & I finished it! Such a nice & cheap primer.
    xx

    ReplyDelete