Sunday, January 6, 2013

Skin Food Polishes.... For Stamping?

In the course of reading sooo many nail blogs, I've read a few posts that Skin Food nail polishes were good for stamping.  I decided to try just that!  I had the gold one already, but I purchased the white one since the Konad place was out of white (crazy, right?? but they were also out of stampers!!).  So here is my experience with them.


First off, I really like these polishes and I've used the gold one on my nails often.  

They just didn't work that great for me for stamping, unfortunately.  The gold one I knew right away would not, since it was just so thin and runny on the plate itself.  

This is the best I could get: 


So no, gold didn't work for me.  However, I have noticed some people do like a more subtle pattern, so it's not like it doesn't work at all, just expect the image to be very light.  

The white seemed more promising since it went on the plate much thicker, but this is how it turned out:


It's all right I suppose, and it definitely shows up better than Konad's Pearl White I foolishly bought.  But I tried Sally Hansen's White On, which I never thought would work cause it's so thin.... and I got brighter white with that.   But here is a quick picture of Konad's white: 



Even though some people say Konad's polishes are too expensive, they definitely are cheaper than any other polish around here, and I love all of the ones I have.  I don't think it benefits me at all trying to find another polish that works- I mean if I happen to find one, then that's great, but I'm not going to go on a time consuming hunt for any, especially considering the extremely limited selection I have access to anyway.  

1 comment:

  1. I really like the subtle look of the gold. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete