Monday, January 21, 2013

Konad vs. Fauxnad: M83

So Konad m83 was my very first nail plate.  Thus, it suffered a lot of damage since I had no idea what I was doing!  It's all scratched up (even though it still works just fine!) so when I bought a set of Fauxnads, I decided to get a replacement.  As a bonus, now I get to compare the two!

Here is a reference what M83 looks like:


To my eye, the two plates are identical except for the very center image, and the difference is so slight that it's really hard to see- it's just the lines are skewed a little differently.  

Here are swatches on paper, for each image Konad is on the left, Fauxnad on the right: 




To me the Fauxnad is a perfect dupe.  Even the cat's eyes details are the same, so I am impressed with this plate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment