Monday, November 26, 2012

Garnier BB Cream

I only tried BB Cream once before and this one was really inexpensive, so I wanted to give it a try.


They only had two shades, light and medium, so I got light.  


(Blended)

The first thing you notice is the smell.  It is really overwhelming and even though it's fruity, I dislike it a lot almost to the point of being sickened by it.  

The texture is very thin and lotiony, and it takes a really long time to dry.  I have to put this on before eye makeup because it takes that long to dry.  But it does absorb into the skin, applying like a moisturizer- that is, you don't really need to do any blending like with foundation.  It also gives a wet look, even when it's dry, so it's not a matte finish.  Once it dries it's absolutely weightless.  But I didn't get hardly any coverage on my nose, it seemed to just not absorb there, probably because of the natural oiliness I have, so I powder there separately.  Unfortunately I also think the colour is off because it seemed to give off an orange tone along my jaw line, and I don't want to put the product on  my neck!

I also did not feel it moisturized much, I had to moisturize beforehand to avoid dry patchiness but in all fairness my skin is fairly dry most of the time.  

I've been using this a couple weeks and I do like the feel of it better than foundation and it's really easy to use but I just don't know if I like it enough to continue using it daily.  

2 comments:

  1. I had a sample of this with a magazine & I had wanted to try it for the longest time. I was doing my makeup in the car & noticed the shade was medium but it was a bit too dark for me so I had to do a lot of blending! I thought I looked very orange at first too, but it seemed to settle to a better colour. I really liked the texture of it to. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I'm gonna stick with it then for now :)

    ReplyDelete