Friday, October 12, 2012

Rimmel Kate "Matte" Lipsticks

Amazingly I managed to get these even though they've just launched a couple weeks ago!  It makes me wonder why am I still waiting for Wake Me Up foundation that came out months ago??

Packaging is nice, red matte tubes:


The shades I got are 111 "Kiss of Life" and 106- no name but it's fuschia. 



The first thing I noticed about these is they're not matte!  I have and like matte lipsticks, but this one is more satiny, semi-matte at best.  I double and triple checked Rimmel's pics and other sites to make sure I had the same product and I do, but I think the description on their site is more accurate- velvety matte.  They also have a weird smell but it didn't transfer to taste when I applied.  I think they are very soft on the lips and not drying at all.  

They are called "Lasting Finish" and with that, I agree- I can wear them 5-6 hours and although they don't last through a meal, some colour still remains.  

The shades I chose are very bold so I'd highly recommend a lip liner.  I did a quick lip swatch with the red, but I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to wear it out!  



I might go back for one of the peachy or nude shades, because at the price of $7.50, it's very affordable.   

1 comment: