Monday, September 3, 2012

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

I was looking for something to replace my old Hard Candy Welcome Matte pressed powder, and this one seemed to get a lot of good reviews.  I got it in Transparent.




I couldn't believe this myself, but I actually hit pan on that Hard Candy powder: 


Even though the Rimmel looks darker, it's really that the Hard Candy is almost white.  The Rimmel applies nearly invisible.  It was really impossible for me to get a swatch of it but this is what it looks like: 


Because I read the reviews, I was expecting really crappy packaging, but I don't care too much about it.  The lid does not stay on, I don't even get the point of it having a twisty thing cause it just pops right off. But I also have a Rimmel bronzer that is the same exact way.  

The powder itself is really great.  It sets foundation without caking up and I've also worn it alone and my face stayed shine-free.  Even when I applied it alone with a foundation brush it seems like it would be too thick, but it wasn't.  Even though you can get a lot of good loose powders, I've always liked pressed powders. 

This was incredibly inexpensive, I don't know if it was on sale or that's the normal price, but I got it for less than $7, so I bought two.  It's something I know I will use all the time, and I really like it. Performance wise it is almost exactly like the Hard Candy, but I think that one was a little smoother of a powder.  It also was a bit too light because if I applied too much I'd look all pasty.  

If you are looking for a matte pressed powder with a low price tag I'd definitely give this a try.  As for Rimmel, I think I'll just accept the fact that they've got good, bad, and everything in between. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I saw Tanya Purr- Pixi2woo use it a few times and her skin looked really nice. I might give it a go next time I see it, although I rarely like matte finishing haha.

    ReplyDelete