Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Birthstone: Peridot

Happy August!

The August birthstone is Peridot.  It is such a pretty stone!


These are polishes from last year- Chanel Peridot and Sephora Diving in Malaysia.  I personally don't like the new Diwali that is coming out now, but I wasn't interested in Peridot when it came out either.  I was one of those hesitant to buy it but went ahead with it since well, no matter how many times I say I'm not going to buy a Chanel polish, I inevitably do.  So I decided to see if they are really the same.



In the bottles I can't tell a difference, except the Chanel looks a little bit smoother.  

But check out the swatches: 

(Sunlight) 

(Shade)

They don't look the same to me, and I've looked in a hundred different lightings and perspectives.  I've done them on a few nails and I can still tell the difference, although it is much more subtle on the nail, almost imperceptible.  To be fair though, I am going to try one on one hand and one on the other at the same time.  In the meantime, Happy Birthday to all the August borns out there!  

4 comments:

  1. These colors are so unique and beautiful at the same time! I'm also an August baby - thanks so much for showing these polishes <3

    http://highstitchedvoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these swatches are so cool :) im ur new follower i would appreciate if u follow me back
    www.beautifullflavya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning colours, I've heard chanels nps are Crap formula and I wouldnt want to spend that much on one anyway lol, even if they're not exactly the same its still a good match :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah what I really hate about Chanels is the total lack of consistency- you'll get some thin, streaky, horrid ones and then (few and far between it seems these days), some real beauties!

      Delete