Friday, July 8, 2011

My Dirty Little Perfume Secret

Someone bought me this fragrance a few years ago, and I have purchased it myself since then.  I often get perfumes as gifts, which I don't mind at all.  It's an easy thing to gift me since I am not all that picky.  Pretty bottle- I'll love it, even if I don't love what's inside.  Not too pleasant scent- I will keep it around until I think the giver will have forgotten about it.  The only fragrance I had the guts to tell people I really do not like is Chanel no 5.  Well, the word got around, I only told like two people.  So I have shelves full of Dior, Prada, and the like, but this one is like a sore thumb on the vanity. 


It is called Animale Temptation.


I had always been going to big department stores and shopping in person for fragrances, you know, sniff before you buy kind of thing.  I never saw this one anywhere.  When I only had a few drops left, I panicked.  Then someone suggested going online.  Open a big can of worms, because I have never looked back- I don't think I've been to a department store in 6 or 7 months. 

I found it online, and it was only like 10 dollars.  I was shocked.  I got a Dolce & Gabbana set for $75 once and I thought it was the bargain of the century.  So at first, I didn't buy this.  I was like, why 10 dollars, I feel ashamed.  But I really loved it.  It is so strong it lasts all day, and I say that's pretty good for ten dollars. I have some Diors that wear off in 3-4 hours. 

Here is the second part of the secret.  It is not feminine, in a traditional sense of perfumery feminine.  It's not fruity or florally.  It doesn't have that 'classic' style like many brands I have do. 

Since I am totally perfume illiterate, here is a quip from Fragrantica.com:


"Top notes are pear and bergamot; middle notes are gardenia, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are sandalwood, musk and vanilla."

Sandalwood and musk, for sure.  It is very much smokey, jazzy, night like, and I love it.   If I were not afraid that it would make the people around me sick, I would probably wear it every day.  Well, maybe every other day.  I'd have to keep Vanille Chocolat around... 

3 comments:

  1. I don't know much about perfume but that bottle is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate chanel no 5 too! my mum was bought it for her birthday once and she was gonna throw it away but i took it off her hands. but i dont like it either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean... if there's this iconic perfume you don't like and then you find out that one you do like is only $10? Well I'd say it's a heck of a deal for you! I love warm, spicy smells (I think that's what they're considered haha).

    ReplyDelete