Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hard Candy Just Face It Foundation

One-step anythings haven't really worked out for me in the past, but this one looked interesting.




The pump:


The formula is thick and creamy:


For me, this foundation had pros and cons.  I liked the texture, and it went on smooth and blended well.  It did not dry instantly like some creme to powder products I've tried in the past, but it has that same fine, powdery finish that is appealing.  It is very comparable to Stila one step, both in texture and finish.  I no longer use that one, so unfortunately I cannot compare them side by side. 

I would say medium coverage, but on me it felt a heavier compared to others I have used.  As a reminder, I don't wear foundation daily and when I do, it would be a 'sheer' type. 

What I did not like about it was that for me, it did not prove to be "one step".  I used if for a couple days alone, but it did not last all day.  And it does not work as a concealer by any stretch, so that would involve another step if needed.  It says on the back of the bottle "....your primer, concealer, foundation, and powder".  Sorry, that's a no.  It continues to say "Leaves skin shine free & natural looking".  It just doesn't say for how long. 
I am sorry I do not have a better photo, but I took one when I was getting ready to remove my makeup, so this is just the foundation alone:


I can't tell if it is visible in the photo, but there is some patchiness and shine. I ended up trying this foundation in different ways- with primer and powder, with primer no powder, with powder no primer.... and for me, I felt like with powder with or without primer worked the best. 

Overall, I thought this foundation was decent, but if I were to judge it based on the fact that it is claiming to be a "one step" I say, two thumbs down on that.  As a foundation, it is a bit on the thick side, but it is a pretty good product.  I used it for about a week with no reactions.  I am starting to wonder how a lot of companies can justify $40 and up (sometimes way up!) for a foundation.  

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely on the price! If I knew how to make my own homemade foundation, I would! I adore your blog so I will definitly check back to read more of your posts! I wish you all the luck in the world with it, (although I am sure you don't need it).

    You are incredibly beautiful by the way!

    All the best,
    Voe.
    _________________________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, never tried anything from Hard Candy but have heard about this foundation before so was interesting reading your review.
    I probably won't bother trying to get my hands on one now :P :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree about the price factor. I can not justify spending $40 on foundation, that just seems crazy to me. I use Revlon Colorstay and I like it, it works for me - but I still look for coupons and sales when buying it because it's $12 a bottle LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this post and with Voe, I would give anything to figure out how to formulate my own foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you skin looks so flawless~~~and i am intrigued by this product...but normally i dont have alot of foundation at hand cuz i wanna be able to finish a bottle b4 i buy another...just so they dont sit on my make up shelve to expired...but this does look promising...i think im gonna go to my local wal-mart to check it out



    Jessy
    threenothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete