Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NARS Spring 2011: My Top Two Picks

I was so excited to finally get my NARS package for Spring a couple weeks back.  I didnt make a huge order, but these are my two favourites:

Nana Lip Gloss
Nouveau Monde Eyeshadow Duo


First, the gloss.  It is amazing!!  I loved it before I even saw it in person!  It glides on so smooth and is not sticky at all.  It doesnt have any plasticky taste like some of the NARS lip glosses do either.  The colouring has the same rich pigmentation as Strawberry Fields.  LOVE!!



Here is how it turned out on my lips, worn alone:


I just love it!!!  It looks like grape juice!  I am sure it may look a little 'vampy' on me, so darker complections may really appreciate this gloss. 

The colour lasted on my lips for about 5 hours!  The glossiness, however, did not.  It was about half that. 

Next, I picked the Nouveau Monde eyeshadow duo:




I love this combo!  It worked out so well on my lids, but I amped it up by using UDPP in Greed.  With original UDPP it looked a little more silvery and gold, less of the lilac and olive came through.  These shadows are super pigmented, very rich!  I love that they are shimmery but still apply like silk.  They are super easy to blend and are one of my favourite brands of shadow. 

This is how it turned out with Greed:



I liked them together, but I would definitely use them with other shades as well.  Very nice shadows!


Products I Wish I Would Have Passed On: 

Celebrate Soft Touch Shadow Pencil:  Appears and applies like slime.  Eeeeeeewww!




Calanque Eyeshadow Trio:  Total waste of $45 in my opinion!  I do not need a sheer glitter for this price!  The other two shades were nice even though not very unique, but they were also small compared to the glitter, they could have made it a duo and it would have been better. 




I ordered my products directly from NARS, but Sephora has some great box sets with items from the Spring collection worth checking out.  They are $59, and there are 3 full sized products and a mini in each kit, even an Orgasm/Super Orgasm blush duo I wish I would have known about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment